Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This is Our Journey

I said, "Let me walk in the field." God said: "Nay, walk in the town." I said: "There are no flowers there." He said: "No flowers, but a crown." I said: "But the sky is black; there is nothing but noise and din." But He wept as He sent me back, "There is more, there is sin." I said: "But the air is thick and fogs are veiling the sun." he answered: "Yet souls are sick and souls in the dark undone." I said: "I shall miss the light, and friends will miss me they say." He answered: "Choose tonight, if I am to miss you or they." I pleaded for time to be given: He said "Is it hard to decide? It will not seem hard in Heaven to have followed the steps of your Guide." I cast one look at the field, then set my face to the town. He said: "My child, do you yield? Will you leave the flowers for the crown?" Then into His hand went mine and into my heart came He: And I walk in a light divine, the path I had feard to see. George MacDonald

2 comments:

  1. Awesome word. I needed that today. God is leading me in a direction and down a path that I have NEVER ventured down before nor one even similar. But the burning in my heart is unmmistakeable and I know I must do what He is calling me to do even though I know that I am not at all qualified to do this but I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome word. I needed that today. God is leading me in a direction and down a path that I have NEVER ventured down before nor one even similar. But the burning in my heart is unmmistakeable and I know I must do what He is calling me to do even though I know that I am not at all qualified to do this but I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength!

    ReplyDelete