Sunday, August 1, 2010

Waiting on God

Do you ever get ahead of the Lord?  I did this week! 
I became impatient about needing more bookcases
before we start back to school.... so Tuesday I called
Julie about lunch time and said, "Hey,  you want to
go to Ikea today?"  and she said, "today? Yes".
So off we went with baby Asher all the way to Frisco
2 1/2 hours away.  We bought 3 book cases and some misc.
and head home.  As soon as we get out on the main road
I notice the clouds up ahead!  Black storm clouds and here
we had 3 bookcases in the back of the truck!!!!  We prayed
and called home to get the guys to pray for us because
I am not a seasoned driver in Dallas and certainly not in
a thunderstorm :).  I had to buy a tarp and tie it over the
bookcases.  It rained so hard most of the way home and we
had to stop several times for me to fix the tarp!!!!  It took us a
good 3 1/2 hours to get home.  One of the bookcases that I bought
had water damage by the time we made it back to the house:(.
But I told her the most important thing is that we were safely
back home.
Anyway,  long story short,  look what the Lord had me find this
weekend..........  these white shelves that are for
sale because you know I have the Ikea ones already  ....
and no these are not the ones from Ikea that have the
water damage,  I'm keeping them:p
 


And these beauties!  Which I will be keeping because they
match my dining room furniture perfect!!  Isn't God wonderful!!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent testimony and beautiful shelves-- all of them! I wish I was in the market!

    ReplyDelete